Sunday, January 12, 2014

Winter Adventure #5 - 2014


Happy 2014 !
It's hard to believe that it's been 5 years since I first decided I could no longer endure the beautiful Michigan Winter Wonderland ... and ... this year has definitely verified and confirmed that fact for me.   It is beautiful, if it just weren't so COLD!

After 5 days of cancellations, reschedulings, and delays ... I finally got out of Kalamazoo!    I am grateful, however, that I was able to spend those days in the comforts of my own home, and not in an airport!  

My first Winter Adventures took me to the Second Largest Barrier Reef in the World.  First visiting Belize to just 'get my feet wet'; and, of course, the rest of my body, ... as i fell in love with with fantastic snorkeling and diving in their warm clear waters, teaming with Marine Life.     The following years, I expanded through Guatemala and on to The Bay Islands of Honduras:  Utila and Roatan.

My Adventure last year to the The Galapagos Islands was a fascinating, enlightening, stimulating, rewarding, magical experience.   Yes, I loved every minute of it!   But for me, it's not a place to return to year after year.   It will remain a 'once in a lifetime' experience that I will forever cherish.

This winter I will return to Central America.   I do love it there; it's relatively close, inexpensive, has some of the best snorkeling/diving, ... and it's familiar.  I've kept in touch with a few people and I look forward to seeing them again, and making new friends.

I will start my journey in Belize, on the Island of Caye Caulker, with Madi, the Founder and sole operator of P.A.W. Animal Sanctuary.

Yes, I will be doing a Blog again this year.   It will be the same web site as last year; so if there isn't anything exciting going on, you can always review last year in the Galapagos.   The web address is:    www.dp-newadventures.blogspot.com

If you want to be taken off this list now, or any time in the future, please just send me an email.

Thanks for following me ... and don't forget ... i love to get comments and emails.   You all know what i am doing, ...and it helps to keep me connected, when i know what is going on with all of you as well !
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment