Sunday, March 23, 2014

22 Mar, Sat

A DRY DAY

i shortened the new dress i bought, and also shortened a dress i brought with me ... will i ever wear either one of them? .... i'm more comfortable in shorts  :(     ...but it took me a long time to do this project, so i'm going to force myself some night ...  :)

in the afternoon i walked to the other end of town to find Suzanne.   i had no way to contact her, but Angie told me where she is living.    she is at Sunset Villas ... and i was anxious to check them out anyway ... VRBO has several of them for rent here ... in case anyone is interested ...  :)

she was at home ... her Villa is 2bedroom, 2bathrooms, and is really large!  ... very nicely decorated and right across from the pool with a waterfall that she can listen too   ... it's nice....   and we had a nice visit and exchanged emails ... my not having a phone here makes things more difficult ...

then home, ...then The Sundowner ... another Monkey LaLa ... this is getting to be a 'good' habit  :)     ...did i tell you that a Monkey LaLa is like a chocolate ice cream drink, but without the ice cream ... but with vodka, Kahlua, and Baileys (or something similar)   :)    ...so when i said it was a 'Dry' day ... i didn't mean no alcohol  :)

i walked down the street wondering where i was going to eat.    i got as far as Monkey Island ... yes, there are a lot of 'monkey themes' here  .... and went in ....

a young guy (his name is Chance) that lives here, works at the restaurant, and Mark, my apartment Manager, was there also ..... he sat with me while i had dinner .... i ordered the whole fish ... a snapper ... it hung off both sides of my plate and tasted wonderful ....best fish i've had here !!!!    ...eating a whole fish always reminds me of my 'fishing days' in Wyoming ... :(

it was Saturday night, and since i stayed home last night, i 'forced myself' to walk through town.   i saw a guy i met a few times before and spent the rest of the evening talking with him.

what?   ... no photos ?

here is one of the entrance to my apartment ...

ok,  a couple more ... of Sunset Villas ...
Sunset Villas
Sunset Villa Pool

No comments:

Post a Comment